Monday, April 24, 2006




This is the image derived from my latest, and no doubt last, plate of the spring semester of 2006. Once again it is based on a photograph. However, the original photograph was very abstract to begin with, and I further abstracted the image, perhaps to a point where it is non-recognizable. It is an attempt to take the abstraction of a photographic image even further. My hope was to retain some portion of the reality inherent in the original image. There is only the original acid bite affecting the plate with no further work such as aquatint or use of hand held tools. All color variation and textures were achieved by ink viscosity, rolling, and wiping.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am enjoying the expressive qualities that these prints possess.

Very dynamic!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Heather Lynn said...

I love the movement of these...beautiful colors too :)

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home