Wednesday, April 05, 2006



My latest series of prints involves transferring a photographic image that has significance to me to a plate, etching it, and then experimenting with various hues, wipings, and roll up techniques to try and express the emotion the images evokes in me. The original image is abstracted as it only serves to stimulate my emotions, and cause me to search for a means of suitable expression. I came the closest with the image that has a red hot blast furnace look, with a bit of cooling around the edges. Many of the others were enjoyable adventures in technique from which I am learning. To see some of the other images click here.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Nels..these images are very exciting. It looks as if you're really getting the hang of experimenting and pushing your image to see what it can do. Great Stuff!!!
I'm sorry to hear you can't come with me to Greece, but I'm so excited to know you are becoming a full time student. Now you can start working on your dreams. So what's this about a printshop in the cities? I never heard about it.

8:32 AM  
Blogger jjkemp said...

Fantastic work Nels!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home