Friday, January 27, 2006


On my second attempt at producing an edition of this print, I first corrected the problems with the image that existed in the "black" plate by using "wood filler". When I tried it the first edition I printed, the wood filler would bust off the plate under the pressure of the baren. This time after adding and shaping the wood filler, I coated it with a 50/50 solution of shellac/denatured alcohol. It seemed to work as I had none of the previous problems of the wood filler busting away from the plate. I also tried using less of the methyl cellulose binder this time to reduce the amount of mottling in the inked areas. The first edition was printed on Torinoko paper, and this second edition print was printed on Echizen Kozo paper. A simply beautiful paper that I feel added to the quality of the image.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolistic said...

This works for me, whatever it is!
"Less is more" said Robert Browning

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home