Monday, March 13, 2006



This semester at the UW-L printshop working in intaglio has been a good one. I dragged some old copper plates out of one of my drawers, and proceeded to work on them with new etchings. When finished I felt I had taken them along a good path, but not to their final state. Wondering what else I could do with them while waiting for inspiration for the next state of the plates, I decided to try chine colle. It was great fun, educational, and quite surprising at times seeing how various decorative papers worked with the plates. Here are a couple of the images, and more can be found here.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Nels, I absolutely love this series of prints. These are great and exciting. I can tell you really had fun creating them!!!!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Heather Lynn said...

Nels, your series with the chine colle looks great. I find it so interesting how colored paper can express or help support content.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home