Tuesday, April 18, 2006




While I am waiting for my next plate to emerge from the acid, I am working with my "trad" plate, trying different things, and even managing to learn a bit. It's quite amazing all the things that can be done to influence the look of the final print. So many simple things that one doesn't always see or think of. Frustrating to spend all this time working and miss so much that is in front of one's eyes.

The Spring semester 2006 at UW-L is rapidly coming to an end. I'm working furiously to get as many prints done as possible. The problem is the other students are doing the same and the printshop only has so much inking areas, presses, and print drying space. I went in to print this afternoon, but several others had already beaten me to it. So, I did a few other things that needed doing, and then readjusted my mental attitude to having an easy day. Not many of those come around lately, it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home