Wednesday, August 27, 2008



Lately I have been getting very interested in the three dimensional side of art. That third dimension to work with is very exciting and adds a lot of potential. Not that I am about to give up on the two dimensional world. It would be very difficult to give up the love of many years so easily. I even find myself thinking about getting back into my passion for photography - large format black and white film. I haven't done any for a couple of years now, and find myself missing it. However, I keep finding new and exciting mediums to explore, and find it nearly impossible to not explore them! These pieces came from my spring semester 2008. They both deal with the same subject - our countries insatiable appetite for oil. The oil pot consuming itself is titled "Gluttony" and is cast in aluminum. It is pretty much self explanatory. The wall piece is titled "Melt Down" and is made in steel by blacksmithing and fabrication. It deals with how the unceasing search for oil is distorting our world, and beginning to cause it to deteriorate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home